Some of you may remember my original waterproof oven coat. Well, it didn't last very long, being made of thin PE tarpaulin material. Here is my mkII version, made from a heavy duty waterproof Cordura lookalike material off Ebay. Don't be afraid of machine sewing - it's only engineering in fabric!
I made a little wooden cap for the front brick arch to stop it rubbing the fabric away - finished with a split bike tyre glued to the edge with Fixall!
And even a wooden door for the wood store to keep the rain out. This was made from some nice 18mm tongue & groove board that I reclaimed from a scrap door. It had a rather garish reddish woodstain on it that I had to belt sand off - a bit of a slow job, so I didn't bother with the back! A matching door for the oven is in progress.